Heat Fans Proud Despite Game 5 Loss
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A sold out crowd at the AmericanAirlines Arena watched the Miami Heat fall to the San Antonio Spurs Sunday night in Game 5 of the NBA Finals.
Stunned fans watched the last few seconds of the game tick down in disbelief.
“I was just really disappointed. I was hanging on. When it got to a 20-point deficit, I couldn’t, I couldn’t. I had no words,” said Zachary Levine.
The team was out of time and out scored by the Spurs.
“I think it exposed some weakness that Pat Riley is going to address in the off season,” said Steve Sandafer. “I’m sure that Pat’s got a plan going into next season so that we can keep LeBron in Miami.”
Click Here to see what Heat fans had to say.
With two minutes left in the game, many fans saw the handwriting on the wall and began filing out of the arena.
“We just lost, but it’s okay, we’ll get them next year. I mean, you got to give credit to the Spurs,” said Tiffany Davis.
“All I can say is that I’m a proud heat fan. We are because they took us four straight years to the Finals, not many teams can do that,” said Jonathan Moncada.
During the game, game the Heat organization thanked the 14,000 or so fans who came to the area for their support all year long.
- Try Out For The Miami Heat’s D-League Affiliate
- Wallace: ‘Whiteside Believes He Can Be a Dominant Center’
- Hassan Whiteside and Draymond Green Engaged in Some Twitter Beef
- Winderman: Curious to See How Hassan Whiteside Handles First Heat Training Camp
- Stoudemire Hoping Miami Heat Get to See His All-Star Form