TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/AP) — Florida Gov. Rick Scott provided a closer look at his finances when he released three years of tax returns.
Scott made the decision to disclose the financial information since he is officially qualifying for the 2014 ballot on Monday.
Scott is also asking challenger Charlie Crist to release tax returns that he and his wife filed.
The latest financial information shows that Scott’s net worth jumped from nearly $83.8 million at the end of 2012 to $132.5 million at the end of last year.
Scott released tax returns in 2010 but set up a blind trust in 2011 to remove direct control over his finances in order to avoid potential conflicts.
A pending lawsuit contends that using a blind trust to shield the names of the individual assets violates state law.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Trump Hits China With Tariffs, Heightening Concerns Of Global Trade War
- As Russia Investigation Continues, Trump’s Lead Lawyer Calls It Quits
- Mark Zuckerberg Says He Is ‘Happy To’ Testify Before Congress
- Trump’s Congratulatory Call To Putin Sparks Controversy In DC
- Trump Furious Over Leak Of Warning To Not Congratulate Putin