MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Firefighters spent Sunday morning rescuing a woman from a Banyan tree after she climbed up it and became disoriented.
The scene unfolded just before 9:30 a.m. at Bayside Marketplace in downtown Miami.
Bayside Security Personnel stated a couple, both in their mid-20s, climbed the tree.
However, not realizing how she climbed, the woman became disoriented and could not get back down on her own.
Click Here to see photos of the rescue.
The 23-year-old woman was found clinging to the tree with her boyfriend trying to keep her calm.
Miami Fire Rescue officials said the woman was going in and out of consciousness.
Paramedics requested the assistance of the Technical Rescue Team (TRT) to assist with the rescue efforts.
Miami Firefighters from the TRT and Hazardous Materials Team, along with Bayside maintenance staff, safely secured the patient using ropes and a body harness.
She was lowered to waiting paramedics and transported to the hospital for further evaluation.
The woman was not seriously injured.
Watch the report, click here.
- Coast Guard Rescues Two People After Vessel Sinks 256 Miles Off Key West
- It’s Thanksgiving, Here’s What’s Open/Closed
- Stores Look To Create “Experiences” To Lure Shoppers Back
- Police Investigate NFL Player Shot In Miami Gardens
- Thieves Rough Up Rabbi, Steal Thousands Worth Of Diamonds