MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Seven ballet dancers who defected while performing for the National Ballet of Cuba will be performing Sunday evening in Miami.
The group who planned their move for a year defected last weekend while touring in Puerto Rico.
They will be performing as part of the Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami for the show Diaghilev Ballets Russes.
Pedro Pablo Peña started the Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami so ballet dancers wanting to defect from Cuba would have a place to go.
The performance will take place at 5:00 p.m. at the Miami-Dade County Auditorium located at 2901 West Flagler Street.
Click here for the full story.
- Gunshot Victim Found Laying On Sidewalk Survives
- Boca Man Killed Crossing Street In New York
- Dodgers’ Yasiel Puig Brawls Bouncer At Miami Bar
- Memorial To Be Held For Victim Of Miami Hit & Run
- Mother Hits The Streets To Find Son’s Killer