MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Seven ballet dancers who defected while performing for the National Ballet of Cuba will be performing Sunday evening in Miami.
The group who planned their move for a year defected last weekend while touring in Puerto Rico.
They will be performing as part of the Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami for the show Diaghilev Ballets Russes.
Pedro Pablo Peña started the Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami so ballet dancers wanting to defect from Cuba would have a place to go.
The performance will take place at 5:00 p.m. at the Miami-Dade County Auditorium located at 2901 West Flagler Street.
Click here for the full story.
- Eight People Struck By Car On Florida’s Panhandle
- Federal Judge Hands Down $33 Million Malpractice Judgment
- Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen To Retire From Congress After Term Is Up
- More Than 8,000 Nuisance Gators Nabbed In Florida In 2016
- MADD Holds Annual 5K Event In Fort Lauderdale