MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Seven ballet dancers who defected while performing for the National Ballet of Cuba will be performing Sunday evening in Miami.
The group who planned their move for a year defected last weekend while touring in Puerto Rico.
They will be performing as part of the Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami for the show Diaghilev Ballets Russes.
Pedro Pablo Peña started the Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami so ballet dancers wanting to defect from Cuba would have a place to go.
The performance will take place at 5:00 p.m. at the Miami-Dade County Auditorium located at 2901 West Flagler Street.
Click here for the full story.
- As Snow Falls Over New Hampshire, Heat Turned Up On Primary
- Baby Found Safe After Being Taken In Fort Lauderdale Carjacking
- Why Does New Hampshire Get First Primary? Why Not Florida?
- Cruise Ship Rocked By Rough Winds, High Seas
- Family Decries Decision Not To Charge Cop