Cuban Ballet Dancers To Perform At Miami-Dade Auditorium
Get Breaking News First
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Seven ballet dancers who defected while performing for the National Ballet of Cuba will be performing Sunday evening in Miami.
The group who planned their move for a year defected last weekend while touring in Puerto Rico.
They will be performing as part of the Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami for the show Diaghilev Ballets Russes.
Pedro Pablo Peña started the Cuban Classical Ballet of Miami so ballet dancers wanting to defect from Cuba would have a place to go.
The performance will take place at 5:00 p.m. at the Miami-Dade County Auditorium located at 2901 West Flagler Street.
Click here for the full story.
- Mayor’s Office Responds To Retired Fireboat Captain’s Threat To Recall
- Cessna Makes Emergency Landing On Miami Beach
- Police: Thieves Target Identity Information, Break-In To Dozens Of Cars
- Georgia Girl Struck By Plane On Florida Beach Dies
- Knife Wielding Robbers Rough Up Stop N Go Clerk