MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Just more than one-year after the deck of the popular restaurant Shuckers collapsed, the new deck is almost finished.
Most of the deck is standing once again at the North Bay Village restaurant.
On June 13, 2013 dozens of people fell into Biscayne Bay after a section of a restaurant deck collapsed.
Officials said up to 100 people fell into the water. Of those, 33 people were hurt, with 24 being transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital and North Shore Medical Center.
While the deck is being rebuilt, the restaurant is not scheduled to reopen until August.
- Keidel: Surging Steelers Still Lucky To Not Face Rodgers
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks
- FIU Scores 28 Unanswered Points To Defeat W. Kentucky 41-17
- ‘Living Life Like It’s Golden’: Miami Gardens Woman Celebrates Her 100th Birthday
- Reports Of Gunfire At Westland Mall In Hialeah Were False Alarm