MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Just more than one-year after the deck of the popular restaurant Shuckers collapsed, the new deck is almost finished.
Most of the deck is standing once again at the North Bay Village restaurant.
On June 13, 2013 dozens of people fell into Biscayne Bay after a section of a restaurant deck collapsed.
Officials said up to 100 people fell into the water. Of those, 33 people were hurt, with 24 being transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital and North Shore Medical Center.
While the deck is being rebuilt, the restaurant is not scheduled to reopen until August.
- Motorcyclist Killed In Miramar Crash
- Police Looking For Gunman In Delray Gas Station Shooting
- Seminoles Keep Money Flowing Amid Gambling Talks
- Police Bust Business On Allegations Of Prostitution, Gambling & Drug Dealing
- Last Zika Zone On Miami Beach To Be Lifted