Deck Being Rebuilt At Shuckers Following 2013 Collapse
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Just more than one-year after the deck of the popular restaurant Shuckers collapsed, the new deck is almost finished.
Most of the deck is standing once again at the North Bay Village restaurant.
On June 13, 2013 dozens of people fell into Biscayne Bay after a section of a restaurant deck collapsed.
Officials said up to 100 people fell into the water. Of those, 33 people were hurt, with 24 being transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital and North Shore Medical Center.
While the deck is being rebuilt, the restaurant is not scheduled to reopen until August.
- 4 Sentenced In Prostitution Ring That Lured Hungarian Women
- Girl Killed After Being Struck By Jumping Sturgeon In Boat
- Statue Of Liberty Replica To Be Unveiled At FIU
- Marlins Continue To Win Without Top Slugger
- Key Lime Pie Eating Contest To Be In “Limelight” July 4 In Key West