MIAMI (CBSMiami) – With its tall sails and commanding presence, The Coast Guard Cutter Eagle, America’s Tall Ship, arrived in Miami early Saturday.
The arrival is part of the crew’s 2014 cadet summer training deployment.
It is the only time the nation’s active duty square-rigger will be open for public tours.
The Eagle has served as a classroom at sea to future Coast Guard officers since 1946.
It has more than 23,500 square feet of sail and six miles of rigging.
There are currently 150 cadets from the Coast Guard Academy embarked.
The summer deployment for the Eagle spans 13 weeks, stopping at nine port calls in four countries, with four different groups of cadets training aboard.
Free tours are offered:
Saturday, June 14: 1 PM-5 PM
Sunday, June 15: 1 PM-7:30 PM
Monday, June 16: 1 PM-7:30 PM
To learn more about the Eagle, visit the website.
Follow the Eagle’s summer cruise on Facebook.
- The CBS4 Interview: Trump On Rigged System & The Press
- The CBS4 Interview: Trump On Cuba
- The CBS4 Interview: Trump On Winning & Losing
- Bill Clinton Stumps For Hillary In South Florida
- Car Loses Control, Slams Into Church During Middle Of Service