MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — The “Rock Doc” has been sentenced to nearly six years in prison. The South Florida doctor got the nickname for his spiky hairstyle and punk fashion. He was sentenced to prison for more than $2.5 million in attempted Medicare fraud.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office reports that 54-year-old Dr. Christopher Gregory Wayne was sentenced Friday. As part of his plea deal, the osteopathic physician must pay back more than $1.6 million he took from the Medicare program, as well as forfeit his Miami Beach residence and a 2002 Mercedes Benz.
Wayne previously pleaded guilty in February to health care fraud and conspiracy to violate U.S. narcotics laws. Under the plea agreement, 14 other fraud charges were dropped.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Miami-Dade Police Release Sketch Of Man Who Robbed & Sexually Assaulted 3 People
- Police: Stabbed Teens Turn Out To Be Possible Suspects, Not Victims
- Dolphins’ Koa Misi Involved In Club Fight In Ft. Lauderdale
- Restaurant Where “2 Drunk 2 Care” Driver Drank Before Fatal Crash Is In Trouble Again
- Trump Earns Delegate Number Needed To Clinch GOP Nomination