MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A teenager is dead and another arrested after police said one shot the other while playing with a gun.
The shooting took place just before 9 p.m. Wednesday night at Northwest 14th Avenue and 3rd Street in Miami.
Miami Police officials said Juan Acosta, 17, was arrested after he fled the scene of the shooting.
Arrest documents reveal Acosta told police that he never meant to shoot the other teenager.
Family members identify the victim as 16-year-old William Pagan.
Pagan was found shot in the chest.
According to police, the friend took off after the gun went off. The search ended when he was found a short distance away on Flagler and 5th Avenue.
Acosta was charged with one count of manslaughter with a deadly weapon.
- 3-Year-Old Girl Undergoes Surgery After Being Mauled By Dog In Florida City
- The Neighborhood Boom: Allapattah’s Diversity Key To Its Fast-Pace Growth
- Judge: Dr. Phil Interview Of ‘Cannibal Killer’ Must Be Released
- Police Find Teen Shot In Leg Near Sunny Isles Condo Complex
- Miami Springs Team Wins People’s Choice For Best Burger At SOBE Wine & Food Festival