MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A teenager is dead and another arrested after police said one shot the other while playing with a gun.
The shooting took place just before 9 p.m. Wednesday night at Northwest 14th Avenue and 3rd Street in Miami.
Miami Police officials said Juan Acosta, 17, was arrested after he fled the scene of the shooting.
Arrest documents reveal Acosta told police that he never meant to shoot the other teenager.
Family members identify the victim as 16-year-old William Pagan.
Pagan was found shot in the chest.
According to police, the friend took off after the gun went off. The search ended when he was found a short distance away on Flagler and 5th Avenue.
Acosta was charged with one count of manslaughter with a deadly weapon.
- Survivors Of Deadly School Shooting Share Their Horror
- City Of Miami Beach Honors Good Samaritan Who Defended Gay Couple During Attack
- Victim Speaks Out About Pickpockets Captured On Surveillance Tape
- Student Botanists Get Out Of This World Experience
- Miami-Dade Police Helping Shelter Dogs Get Exercise, Find New Homes