MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A teenager is dead and another arrested after police said one shot the other while playing with a gun.
The shooting took place just before 9 p.m. Wednesday night at Northwest 14th Avenue and 3rd Street in Miami.
Miami Police officials said Juan Acosta, 17, was arrested after he fled the scene of the shooting.
Arrest documents reveal Acosta told police that he never meant to shoot the other teenager.
Family members identify the victim as 16-year-old William Pagan.
Pagan was found shot in the chest.
According to police, the friend took off after the gun went off. The search ended when he was found a short distance away on Flagler and 5th Avenue.
Acosta was charged with one count of manslaughter with a deadly weapon.
- Rep. Wasserman Schultz: Women’s March Movement Is A ‘Sleeping Giant’
- Police: Man Tied, Beaten & Robbed After Responding To ‘Backpage’ Ad
- Weather Service: Tornado Hit NW Dade Leaving Damage In Wake
- Twister Barrels Through Palm Beach Gardens
- US Health Officials Cancel Climate Change Conference; Don’t Say Why