MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A teenager is dead and another arrested after police said one shot the other while playing with a gun.
The shooting took place just before 9 p.m. Wednesday night at Northwest 14th Avenue and 3rd Street in Miami.
Miami Police officials said Juan Acosta, 17, was arrested after he fled the scene of the shooting.
Arrest documents reveal Acosta told police that he never meant to shoot the other teenager.
Family members identify the victim as 16-year-old William Pagan.
Pagan was found shot in the chest.
According to police, the friend took off after the gun went off. The search ended when he was found a short distance away on Flagler and 5th Avenue.
Acosta was charged with one count of manslaughter with a deadly weapon.
- Arrest Made In Dairy Farm Abuse Case As Sheriff Takes Swipe At Activist Who Exposed Case
- Police: Man Claiming To Be HIV Positive Sneaks Ont Airport Runway, Spits On Arresting Officer
- Loved Ones Gather To Mourn Loss Of High School Basketball Star Killed In Overtown
- Gwen Graham Joins Battle For Governorship
- Derek Jeter & The Marlins Step Up To The Plate For Thanksgiving