HALLANDALE BEACH (CBSMiami) – Police are investigating an accident that left one construction worker dead Thursday morning.
Police have identified the victim as 27-year-old Christopher J. Ricci from Sunrise.
Police received the call around 9:30 a.m. Monday morning regarding an incident with a crane on Alamanda Drive in the Golden Isles Neighborhood.
The workers, according to Hallandale Beach Police, were moving a crane within the site.
As the crane began to move, police say it started to wobble. The crane then began to topple over and the construction workers started to run.
The crane struck one of the construction workers, who police say was in his late 20s, killing him on the scene.
The crane also caused damage on the home as it struck part of the roof. Nobody was injured inside the home.
There was a driver and an operator for the boom at the time of the incident, police said. They were not injured.
Both the crane driver and the operator of the boom, for investigative purposes, gave consent for a blood draw. There names have not been released.
- Serious Accident Near Miami Seaquarium Ties Up Traffic
- Ex-Labor Secretary Tom Perez Elected DNC Chair
- Superheroes Soar Through Zoo Miami For ‘Live Like Bella’ Fundraiser
- 3-Year-Old Girl Undergoes Surgery After Being Mauled By Dog In Florida City
- Jose Fernandez’s Girlfriend Gives Birth To Baby Girl