MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Have you ever wondered how much money Heat superstar LeBron James actually makes?
It’s enough to get him on Forbes annual list of best-paid athletes of the year.
According to Forbes, LeBron James is the NBA’s biggest endorsement star. He has deals with Nike, McDonald’s and Coca-Cola to name just a few.
With those high-paying endorsement deals, worth $53 million, LeBron comes in third on the list of top ten paid athletes with total earnings of $72.3 million.
Boxer Floyd Mayweather tops the list of highest paid athletes for 2014 by earning an estimated $105 million. His 2007 fight with Oscar De La Hoya was dubbed the most watched fight in pay-per-view history.
Soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo ranked second on Forbes list with an $80 million salary.
Rounding out the top ten were soccer star Lionel Messi with earnings worth $64.7 million, the Laker’s Kobe Bryant earned $61.5 million, golfer Tiger Woods earned $61.2 million, tennis champ Roger Federer earned $56.2M, golfer Phil Mickelson earned $53.2 million, tennis star Rafael Nadal came in at $44.5 million, and the NFL’s Matt Ryan earned $43.8 million.
The top three women included tennis stars Maria Sharapova with $24.4 million, Li Na had $23.6 million, and Serena Williams salary comes in at $22 million.
- Intentionally Fouling Poor Free Throw Shooters A Growing Issue In NBA
- Helin On Whiteside: “There Are Legitimate Concerns About His Maturity Level”
- Can Cam And The Panthers Contend Again?
- Whiteside’s Latest Antics Casting More Doubt On Future With Heat
- Winderman: “I Don’t Sense That Riley Or The Players Protect Whiteside”