MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Have you ever wondered how much money Heat superstar LeBron James actually makes?
It’s enough to get him on Forbes annual list of best-paid athletes of the year.
According to Forbes, LeBron James is the NBA’s biggest endorsement star. He has deals with Nike, McDonald’s and Coca-Cola to name just a few.
With those high-paying endorsement deals, worth $53 million, LeBron comes in third on the list of top ten paid athletes with total earnings of $72.3 million.
Boxer Floyd Mayweather tops the list of highest paid athletes for 2014 by earning an estimated $105 million. His 2007 fight with Oscar De La Hoya was dubbed the most watched fight in pay-per-view history.
Soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo ranked second on Forbes list with an $80 million salary.
Rounding out the top ten were soccer star Lionel Messi with earnings worth $64.7 million, the Laker’s Kobe Bryant earned $61.5 million, golfer Tiger Woods earned $61.2 million, tennis champ Roger Federer earned $56.2M, golfer Phil Mickelson earned $53.2 million, tennis star Rafael Nadal came in at $44.5 million, and the NFL’s Matt Ryan earned $43.8 million.
The top three women included tennis stars Maria Sharapova with $24.4 million, Li Na had $23.6 million, and Serena Williams salary comes in at $22 million.
- Top Performers From The Dolphins Week 12 Loss To The Jets
- Dolphins Center Mike Pouncey Day-To-Day With Foot Injury
- Six Hurricanes Selected On 2015 All-ACC Team
- Amidst Another Losing Season, Dolphins Asking For Early Season Ticket Renewals
- Team Grades: Jets Crush Miami’s Playoff Hopes And Perhaps Dan Campbell’s Coaching Stint