HIALEAH (CBSMiami) — Intense rains and winds sent a porch roof flying onto a Hialeah home on Wednesday.
The severe weather sent the massive metal structure flying onto a home at West 8th Avenue and 64th Street.
“All of a sudden I hear like a freight train coming almost like inside bedroom,” said homeowner Rose Bazan who was taking a nap when she heard a boom. “I got up and ran and I looked out and I didn’t see any wind or anything but the patio roof was gone.”
It landed on a neighbor’s roof causing damage. The wind also swept flowers and pots from her patio and knocked her birds cage down.
“I found her in the bush soaking wet,” said Bazan. Bazan said she’s shaken by the incident and glad nobody was hurt.
“Throws you off balance…you don’t know whats going on. It’s scary,” said Bazan.
- Madeleine Albright Campaigns For Clinton In South Florida
- DEA Helps Broward Residents Dispose Of Unwanted Drugs
- Police: Armed Teens Carjack Vehicle While On Road
- Pit Bull With Broken Leg In Dire Need Of Adoption
- CBS4 Exclusive: Police Catch Teen Accused In Fatal Hit & Run After He Failed To Turn Self In