MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A female firefighter in Miami Beach made history Wednesday for being the first female firefighter promoted to the rank of division chief in that fire department.
The Miami Beach City Commission honored Lieutenant Digna Abello with a medal for being the first female in a chief role.
As part of her new position, Abello will be in charge of support services. She will oversee recruitment and department-wide training, as well as logistics. She will also be in charge of maintenance of fire engines and rescue trucks.
Six other Miami Beach firefighters were also promoted in front of the commission.
- Bikers Race Through Streets For “Wheels Up, Guns Down” Amid Crackdown
- Several People Shot During MLK Day Celebration
- Police Arrest Widow Of Orlando Massacre Shooter Omar Mateen
- Men Working Underground In Key Largo Collapse, Die
- Owners Of ‘The Greatest Show On Earth’ Hold Press Conference To Discuss It’s End