MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A female firefighter in Miami Beach made history Wednesday for being the first female firefighter promoted to the rank of division chief in that fire department.
The Miami Beach City Commission honored Lieutenant Digna Abello with a medal for being the first female in a chief role.
As part of her new position, Abello will be in charge of support services. She will oversee recruitment and department-wide training, as well as logistics. She will also be in charge of maintenance of fire engines and rescue trucks.
Six other Miami Beach firefighters were also promoted in front of the commission.
- ‘We Are Going To Move On’: Speaker Ryan After Pulling GOP Healthcare Bill
- Florida Jobless Rate Flat Even Though State Lost Jobs
- New App Helps Moms Connect, Make Playdates
- Downtown Detours Set Up With Ultra Back In Town
- Teen Critically Injured In NW Miami-Dade Shooting