MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A female firefighter in Miami Beach made history Wednesday for being the first female firefighter promoted to the rank of division chief in that fire department.
The Miami Beach City Commission honored Lieutenant Digna Abello with a medal for being the first female in a chief role.
As part of her new position, Abello will be in charge of support services. She will oversee recruitment and department-wide training, as well as logistics. She will also be in charge of maintenance of fire engines and rescue trucks.
Six other Miami Beach firefighters were also promoted in front of the commission.
- WWII Vets Gather On Anniv. Of Pearl Harbor To Take Virtual Honor Flight To D.C. Memorial
- Miami Beach Police Close Off Ocean Drive While Investigating Bomb Threat
- Female Robbers Target Unsuspecting Victims Near Banks
- Thrasher Takes Aim At Guns On Campus
- Water Claims Could Lead To More Citizens Policies