MB Female Firefighter First To Earn Chief Role
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A female firefighter in Miami Beach made history Wednesday for being the first female firefighter promoted to the rank of division chief in that fire department.
The Miami Beach City Commission honored Lieutenant Digna Abello with a medal for being the first female in a chief role.
As part of her new position, Abello will be in charge of support services. She will oversee recruitment and department-wide training, as well as logistics. She will also be in charge of maintenance of fire engines and rescue trucks.
Six other Miami Beach firefighters were also promoted in front of the commission.
- South Florida Residents Speak Out About Ferguson Decision
- Mother Of Three Gunned Down In North Dade Home
- Teen Charged In Deadly Miami Carol City High Shooting
- South Florida Airports Expect Busy Thanksgiving Travel Period
- Courthouse Cleared Ahead Of Ferguson Protest