MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A female firefighter in Miami Beach made history Wednesday for being the first female firefighter promoted to the rank of division chief in that fire department.
The Miami Beach City Commission honored Lieutenant Digna Abello with a medal for being the first female in a chief role.
As part of her new position, Abello will be in charge of support services. She will oversee recruitment and department-wide training, as well as logistics. She will also be in charge of maintenance of fire engines and rescue trucks.
Six other Miami Beach firefighters were also promoted in front of the commission.
- Voters Take Advantage Of Early Voting In Dade, Broward
- Scaffolding Collapses 40-Feet Up Killing 1, Injuring 2
- New Images Released Of Woman Wanted In Miami Triple Shooting
- Early And Mail-In Absentee Ballots On The Rise
- Clinton VP Pick Tim Kaine Talks Early Voting At FIU