MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A female firefighter in Miami Beach made history Wednesday for being the first female firefighter promoted to the rank of division chief in that fire department.
The Miami Beach City Commission honored Lieutenant Digna Abello with a medal for being the first female in a chief role.
As part of her new position, Abello will be in charge of support services. She will oversee recruitment and department-wide training, as well as logistics. She will also be in charge of maintenance of fire engines and rescue trucks.
Six other Miami Beach firefighters were also promoted in front of the commission.
- Downpours Cause Ceiling Collapse In Lauderhill
- Lauderhill Robbery Suspect Who Took Elderly Couple Hostage Arrested After Long Standoff
- Lawsuit Claims Boat Was Improperly Equipped Before Teens Disappeared
- Bikinis & Business: The Skinny On Miami’s Swim Week
- The Caretaker Who Found Versace’s Killer