MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A female firefighter in Miami Beach made history Wednesday for being the first female firefighter promoted to the rank of division chief in that fire department.
The Miami Beach City Commission honored Lieutenant Digna Abello with a medal for being the first female in a chief role.
As part of her new position, Abello will be in charge of support services. She will oversee recruitment and department-wide training, as well as logistics. She will also be in charge of maintenance of fire engines and rescue trucks.
Six other Miami Beach firefighters were also promoted in front of the commission.
- ‘Think About The Children’: Kids Scared Of Losing Parents In TPS Termination
- Protesters Arrive In Palm Beach Over Trump’s TPS Termination
- Miami Heat Usher In Thanksgiving With Block Party, Turkey Giveaway
- Teens Arrested After Wild Chase In West Miami-Dade
- Customs and Border Patrol Officials Warn Counterfeit Goods Flooding Into US Ahead Of Holidays