MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A female firefighter in Miami Beach made history Wednesday for being the first female firefighter promoted to the rank of division chief in that fire department.
The Miami Beach City Commission honored Lieutenant Digna Abello with a medal for being the first female in a chief role.
As part of her new position, Abello will be in charge of support services. She will oversee recruitment and department-wide training, as well as logistics. She will also be in charge of maintenance of fire engines and rescue trucks.
Six other Miami Beach firefighters were also promoted in front of the commission.
- Sinkhole Forms Right Outside Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
- NASA Orders Up Urgent Spacewalking Repairs At Space Station
- Police Need Leads In Suspicious Disappearance Of Coral Springs Woman
- CVS Only Selling Sunscreen With SPF 15 Or Higher
- Boat Explosion, Collisions Kept Rescues Crews Busy Over The Weekend