MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A female firefighter in Miami Beach made history Wednesday for being the first female firefighter promoted to the rank of division chief in that fire department.
The Miami Beach City Commission honored Lieutenant Digna Abello with a medal for being the first female in a chief role.
As part of her new position, Abello will be in charge of support services. She will oversee recruitment and department-wide training, as well as logistics. She will also be in charge of maintenance of fire engines and rescue trucks.
Six other Miami Beach firefighters were also promoted in front of the commission.
- Judge Allows Release Of DCF Documents On Confessed School Gunman
- A Day Of Mourning As More School Shooting Victims Laid To Rest
- ‘NRA Is Not Okay’: Students Taking ‘Never Again’ Movement To Washington
- Jeter On Miami-Dade Suing Jeffrey Loria: “This Has Nothing To Do With Us”
- Rizzo Rejoins Cubs In Arizona But His Heart Remains With Parkland