MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A female firefighter in Miami Beach made history Wednesday for being the first female firefighter promoted to the rank of division chief in that fire department.
The Miami Beach City Commission honored Lieutenant Digna Abello with a medal for being the first female in a chief role.
As part of her new position, Abello will be in charge of support services. She will oversee recruitment and department-wide training, as well as logistics. She will also be in charge of maintenance of fire engines and rescue trucks.
Six other Miami Beach firefighters were also promoted in front of the commission.
- Wasserman Schultz Calls Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill A Nightmare
- Monroe County Schools Begin To Reopen After Irma
- Wild Animals Some Of The Smallest Victims Of Hurricane Irma
- Gov. Scott Doesn’t Answer Why Nursing Home Voicemails Were Deleted
- Study: ‘Having A Yard’ For Dogs Important For Home-Buying Millennials