MB Female Firefighter First To Earn Chief Role
Get Breaking News First
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A female firefighter in Miami Beach made history Wednesday for being the first female firefighter promoted to the rank of division chief in that fire department.
The Miami Beach City Commission honored Lieutenant Digna Abello with a medal for being the first female in a chief role.
As part of her new position, Abello will be in charge of support services. She will oversee recruitment and department-wide training, as well as logistics. She will also be in charge of maintenance of fire engines and rescue trucks.
Six other Miami Beach firefighters were also promoted in front of the commission.
- Steering You Through South Florida’s Construction Chaos
- Head Of Healthcare Union In South Florida Urges More Ebola Preparedness
- Taxi Driver Robbed At Gunpoint
- Boy Injured By Fireworks Recovering
- Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta Dead At 82