Sheriff: 5 Killed In San Carlos Park Murder-Suicide
South Florida Crime
SAN CARLOS PARK (CBSMiami/AP) — A deadly scene unfolded on the western coast of Florida Sunday.
The Lee County sheriff says a San Carlos Park man fatally shot three children, their mother and himself.
Sheriff Mike Scott tells the Naples Daily News it’s the single largest mass killing he can recall in Lee County. He says all four female victims were found dead of gunshot wounds early Sunday.
The sheriff’s office says it is not yet releasing the victims’ names or any other details yet.
A news release says deputies at 2:25 a.m. were called to investigate a death in south Fort Myers. The major crimes unit then responded.
The sheriff’s office said there was no reason to suspect the neighborhood is in any danger.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Heavy Rain, Seasonal High Tides Combine To Raise Potential For Flood
- Dolfan On Sun Life Renovations: “Haven’t Been This Excited In A Long Time”
- Weather Cuts Vacation Short For Some Key West Tourists, But Not All
- Florida Mom Shot After Answering Front Door
- Crane Falls On Construction Worker In Miramar