SAN CARLOS PARK (CBSMiami/AP) — A deadly scene unfolded on the western coast of Florida Sunday.
The Lee County sheriff says a San Carlos Park man fatally shot three children, their mother and himself.
Sheriff Mike Scott tells the Naples Daily News it’s the single largest mass killing he can recall in Lee County. He says all four female victims were found dead of gunshot wounds early Sunday.
The sheriff’s office says it is not yet releasing the victims’ names or any other details yet.
A news release says deputies at 2:25 a.m. were called to investigate a death in south Fort Myers. The major crimes unit then responded.
The sheriff’s office said there was no reason to suspect the neighborhood is in any danger.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Puerto Rico’s Fmr. Governor Calls Hurricane Relief Efforts In Yabucoa ‘Almost Shameful’
- City Of Hollywood Releases 911 Calls From Nursing Home Where 14 Patients Died
- Police: Man Asks Officer For Ride, ‘Spontaneously’ Blurts Out Murder Admission
- FBI Warning: Fake Kidnapping Calls Are On The Rise
- Study: Vision Impairment A Growing Problem With Preschoolers