Governor Scott Hitting The Campaign Trail
More InformationFor more information about the Affordable Care Act, visit CBSMiami.com/ACA.
TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/AP) — Florida Gov. Rick Scott will be on the campaign trail to discuss college costs and tuition hikes.
Scott plans to make five campaign stops this week. He will be starting Monday at Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers.
The Republican governor has pushed to limit tuition hikes. Scott this year asked legislators to repeal a law that lets state universities raise tuition above the rate set by state legislators.
Scott is expected to sign a bill that would eliminate the ability of universities to raise tuition up to 15 percent a year. The legislation would still allow the University of Florida and Florida State University to raise tuition six percent a year.
Scott is also scheduled to make stops this week in Boca Raton, Orlando, Miami and Pensacola.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Fiorina Makes Distortion Of Planned Parenthood A Centerpiece
- Abortion, Birth Control, Race Top Supreme Court’s Agenda
- Hillary Clinton Makes Surprise Appearance At Marc Anthony Concert
- Bush, Clinton Display The Political Divide Over Gun Control
- Clinton Talks To Hundreds Of Students & Supporters In Davie