LANTANA (CBSMiami/AP) — Acting quickly to save lives, a Palm Beach County Sheriff’s deputy risked his own life to save four people from a burning home in Lantana.
The fire broke out at about 2 a.m. A neighbor called 911 and the deputy was the first on the scene.
A spokesman for Palm Beach County Fire Rescue said the deputy climbed in a window of the house and helped three children and one adult get out safely. The deputy’s name hasn’t been released, but he’s said to be recovering from smoke inhalation.
Two of the children were hospitalized with serious injuries. The third child and the adult were hospitalized in unknown condition.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Report: Ambushed US Soldier La David Johnson Wasn’t Captured In Niger
- 3 People Hurt, 2 Horses Killed After Truck Strikes Group Of Riders
- One Dead, One Injured After Double Shooting In Miami Gardens
- Neighbor Tells Of Heartbreaking Moments Helping Mother Tend To Dying Child
- FIU Temporarily Suspends Greek Life Over ‘Growing Concerns’