TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/AP) — One of South Florida’s beaches made the Top 10 Beach List for 2014.
Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park in Key Biscayne ranked seventh on the list.
Barefoot Beach in Bonita Springs ranked second and St. George Island State Park in the Panhandle ranked came in third. Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park in Naples nailed the tenth slot to give Florida a total of four beaches on the list.
The list is produced by coastal expert Dr. Stephen P. Leatherman, who is also a professor at Florida International University. Dr. Beach, as he’s known, bases the ratings on 50 criteria including beach material, water temperature, sand softness, smell, trash, safety record, and algae in the water.
Three of the four nationally ranked beaches are found within Florida State Parks.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Rep. Wilson’s Office Says She’s Getting Threats Over Blasting Trump’s Call To Widow
- Boy On Bike Dragged By SUV Gets New Wheels
- Sentencing Underway For Teen Convicted Of Murdering Young Aspiring Chef
- Preparations Already Underway At UF Ahead Of White Nationalist Speaker
- Miami Beach Closing At 10PM In Response To Crime