TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/AP) — One of South Florida’s beaches made the Top 10 Beach List for 2014.
Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park in Key Biscayne ranked seventh on the list.
Barefoot Beach in Bonita Springs ranked second and St. George Island State Park in the Panhandle ranked came in third. Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park in Naples nailed the tenth slot to give Florida a total of four beaches on the list.
The list is produced by coastal expert Dr. Stephen P. Leatherman, who is also a professor at Florida International University. Dr. Beach, as he’s known, bases the ratings on 50 criteria including beach material, water temperature, sand softness, smell, trash, safety record, and algae in the water.
Three of the four nationally ranked beaches are found within Florida State Parks.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Reports: Authorities Feared Terrorism, Explosives At Pulse
- Bond Denied For Father, Girlfriend In 2-Year-Old Girl’s Death
- Permanent Memorial To Be Set Up For 49 Orlando Victims
- Boaters Burned, Rescued After Explosion Off Key Biscayne
- Coast Guard Suspends Search For Missing Family In Gulf Of Mexico