CORAL GABLES (CBSMiami) — Students and people at the University of Miami Medical campus were asked to find shelter and lock doors Friday due to a search for an armed intruder.
Miami-Dade Police said they received a 911 call in reference to someone possibly having a firearm on the property of JMH.
The university sent an alert saying, “Armed Intruder on medical campus – Mental Health Center 3rd Floor.”
Those in the building were asked to stay in place and lock their doors while others were asked to stay away.
There were no reports of shots fired or anyone injured.
Police completed their search. According to the university, a subject was not found on campus but they asked others to remain alert for any suspicious activity.
- Report Sheds Light On Link Between Autism And Other Health Conditions
- Abandoned Yorkie Released From Vet, Soon Ready For Adoption
- Last Man To See Aaron Hernandez Wants To Talk About Their Relationship
- White House Presents Trump’s Tax Reform Plans
- Chipotle Warns Customers To Check Card For ‘Unauthorized Activity’