MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — A U.S. government-funded radio station is set to broadcast the NBA finals live to people in Cuba.
The Office of Cuba Broadcasting announced Thursday, June 6th Radio Marti will air a play-by-play commentary of this year’s matchup of the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs.
The U.S. has been broadcasting to Cuba for more than two decades. Radio and TV Marti air news, commentary and entertainment stories with the aim of promoting access to information in Cuba.
Critics of Radio and TV Marti say the programs are ineffective and have limited reach on the island.
This year marks the office’s second partnership with the NBA.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Nonstop Stream Of Fans Visit Jose Fernandez’s Viewing For Final Goodbye
- Family, Community Join In Procession For Marlins Ace Jose Fernandez
- Magazine Teases Trump Did Business With Cuba When It Was Illegal
- Storm Adds Wrinkle To Enterprise Florida Selection
- Justices Urged To End Dispute Over Escaped Patient’s Death