MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — A U.S. government-funded radio station is set to broadcast the NBA finals live to people in Cuba.
The Office of Cuba Broadcasting announced Thursday, June 6th Radio Marti will air a play-by-play commentary of this year’s matchup of the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs.
The U.S. has been broadcasting to Cuba for more than two decades. Radio and TV Marti air news, commentary and entertainment stories with the aim of promoting access to information in Cuba.
Critics of Radio and TV Marti say the programs are ineffective and have limited reach on the island.
This year marks the office’s second partnership with the NBA.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- CBS4 News Exclusive: Trump Denies Ties To Russia
- Councilman Holds Town Hall In North Miami To Discuss Officer-Involved Shooting
- Clinton Wins Historic Nomination, Emotional Boost From Bill
- Owner Of Lauderhill Home Hit By Van: ‘I Just Had Come In Like 10 Minutes Before’
- Protesters Give Trump A Piece Of Their Mind Outside Doral Fundraiser