Medical Examiner: Teen’s Death Was Result Of Self-Inflicted Gunshot
South Florida Crime
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A medical examiner’s report confirms what family members stated about the death of a teenager after a fight with his brother.
Family members said Steven Odeus, 14, shot and killed his brother Stanley Blanc, 16, then turned the gun on himself.
The medical examiner stated the death of Odeus was a result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
According to relatives, the boys were fighting over clothing.
Officials said the shooting occurred just after 11 p.m. May 25, near NE 71st Street and 2nd Avenue in Little Haiti.
The argument, according to the boys’ brother, began inside the family’s apartment at the New Haven Gardens public housing complex. He said family members separated the two, but the fight flared-up again outside.
Family members said they did not know how the 14-year-old got hold of a gun.
- Flying Glass Tabletop Kills Miami Beach Maintenance Worker
- Fort Lauderdale Mother, Son In Hospital After Dog Attack
- Perfect Weather For Ultra But Traffic Tied Up
- 7 Shot And Injured At Florida Spring Break House Party
- Police Ask For Help To Find Missing Miami Beach Teen