MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A medical examiner’s report confirms what family members stated about the death of a teenager after a fight with his brother.
Family members said Steven Odeus, 14, shot and killed his brother Stanley Blanc, 16, then turned the gun on himself.
The medical examiner stated the death of Odeus was a result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
According to relatives, the boys were fighting over clothing.
Officials said the shooting occurred just after 11 p.m. May 25, near NE 71st Street and 2nd Avenue in Little Haiti.
The argument, according to the boys’ brother, began inside the family’s apartment at the New Haven Gardens public housing complex. He said family members separated the two, but the fight flared-up again outside.
Family members said they did not know how the 14-year-old got hold of a gun.
- Severe Weather To Impact Entire State Of Florida Sunday, Monday
- Women’s Rallies In South Florida Draw Large Crowds
- Dolphins Employee Inspires Dolphins Cancer Challenge Team
- 5 Shot, Including Child, Outside Of Boynton Beach Home
- Olympian Connor Jaeger Helps Weston Kids Become Fitter, Faster Swimmers