FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A tip to police led to the arrest of a man suspected of a robbing a Ft. Lauderdale bank on Wednesday.
Joseph Martinez, 48, was taken into federal custody and is facing federal charges. It is anticipated that he will make his initial appearance Thursday in federal court in Ft. Lauderdale.
The robbery happened just after 9:30 a.m. at the Sun Trust Bank branch at 1601 S Federal Highway.
The robber entered the bank and demanded money from a bank employee, according to authorities.
He got away with an undisclosed amount of money.
The FBI believes Martinez may have been involved in the robberies of a Bank United branch at 808 SE 17 Street in Fort Lauderdale on May 15th and again on May 19th.
- Thousands Of Cuban People Gather To Say Final Goodbye To Fidel
- Ashes Of Fidel Castro Arrive At Final Resting Place In Santiago De Cuba
- Police Continue To Investigate Shooting Of FIU Student In Parking Garage
- ‘Jonathan’s Day’ Connects Kids With Autism At Unique Abilities Fair
- Tanker Truck Fire Closes Parts Of I-595 For Westbound Drivers