FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A tip to police led to the arrest of a man suspected of a robbing a Ft. Lauderdale bank on Wednesday.
Joseph Martinez, 48, was taken into federal custody and is facing federal charges. It is anticipated that he will make his initial appearance Thursday in federal court in Ft. Lauderdale.
The robbery happened just after 9:30 a.m. at the Sun Trust Bank branch at 1601 S Federal Highway.
The robber entered the bank and demanded money from a bank employee, according to authorities.
He got away with an undisclosed amount of money.
The FBI believes Martinez may have been involved in the robberies of a Bank United branch at 808 SE 17 Street in Fort Lauderdale on May 15th and again on May 19th.
- Athletic Director Turned Hero, Chris Hixon, Laid To Rest Wednesday
- ‘This Cannot Happen Again’: Parkland Students Rally In Tally For Common Sense Gun Laws
- Grieving Father To Trump: ‘We As A Country Failed Our Children’
- Students Ask Elected Officials: What Will You Do To Make Us Safe?
- ‘I Should Feel Safe When I Come To School’: Students Stage More Walk Outs In Protest