FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A tip to police led to the arrest of a man suspected of a robbing a Ft. Lauderdale bank on Wednesday.
Joseph Martinez, 48, was taken into federal custody and is facing federal charges. It is anticipated that he will make his initial appearance Thursday in federal court in Ft. Lauderdale.
The robbery happened just after 9:30 a.m. at the Sun Trust Bank branch at 1601 S Federal Highway.
The robber entered the bank and demanded money from a bank employee, according to authorities.
He got away with an undisclosed amount of money.
The FBI believes Martinez may have been involved in the robberies of a Bank United branch at 808 SE 17 Street in Fort Lauderdale on May 15th and again on May 19th.
- Night Of Glitz & Glam As Trump Hosts First State Dinner As President
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas Public Safety Commission Convenes
- Federal Judge Orders Reopening Of DACA, After 90-Day Delay
- Woman Stabbed By Husband In Babies R Us Parking Lot
- Plans Announced For Project That Would Connect Sawgrass Expressway To I-95