MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Some of world’s most luxurious and famous cars passed through South Beach over the last few days to take part in an international road rally.
Thursday morning Ferraris, Lambos, Mercedes and even a replica Tumbler, think the Batmobile from the Chris Nolan movies, lined up for the start of the Gumball 3000 Rally.
More than 100 diverse teams are taking part in this year’s 3,000-mile international race.
One of the drivers in the rally is from South Florida. Gil Dezer, is president of Dezer Development and the developer of the Porsche Design Tower. So of course he is driving a Porsche. Dezer said the rally is an adrenaline rush.
The rally started at 10 a.m. The first stop was Daytona Beach’s historic speedway. After a lunch break, they were back on the road – destination Atlanta’s Centennial Olympic Park. The rally will wind its way up the East Coast the following day. Friday night they will arrive in New York where the cars will be loaded onto cargo jets for a flight to Scotland.
The rally will wrap up on June 11th when the drivers cross the finish line is Ibiza, Spain.
- Police Need Help Finding Missing Miami Teen
- Firefighter Injured In Key Biscayne Strip Mall Blaze
- To Tip Or Not To Tip? That Is The Question Among Explosion Of On-Demand Delivery Services
- ‘Erratic Woman’ Held For Psychological Evaluation After Children Pulled From Roof
- Man Wounded During Police-Involved Shooting In Opa-Locka