MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Governor Rick Scott and Texas Governor Rick Perry made a friendly wager on the outcome ofthe seven-game series between the Miami Heat and the San Antonio Spurs.
Governor Rick Perry will send a 3 lb. cinnamon roll from Lulu’s Bakery and Café in San Antonio to Tallahassee if Miami Wins, and if San Antonio wins, Governor Rick Scott will send Whetstone Chocolates from St. Augustine to Austin.
In a press release, Governor Scott said, “Coach Erik Spoelstra and the Miami Heat have had an incredible run and I look forward to a great series. I am confident that the Heat will be bringing home a third straight title and I look forward to them cementing their legacy as one of the greatest basketball teams of all time. Go Heat.”
From Texas, Governor Rick Perry said, “The Heat are aptly named because they’re all sizzle and no steak. While the Heat got lucky last year, the Spurs are proof of the power of teamwork and dedication to craft, qualities that will help them bring the O’Brien Trophy back to the Lone Star State.”
- Heat Players Show Off New Uniforms With First Ever Jersey Patch Partner
- Heat Exercise Fourth-Year Option On Former First Round Pick Justise Winslow
- Report: Heat Signing Josh Richardson To $42M Extension
- Dwork On Sports: Does A Dwyane Wade Reunion In Miami Make Sense?
- Dwyane Wade May Join LeBron In Cleveland, Heat Fans Brace Themselves