ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Miami Marlins reliever Carter Capps has gotten some good news about his strained right elbow.
Marlins manager Mike Redmond says Capps got a second opinion Wednesday from Dr. James Andrews. The noted orthopedist agreed with team doctors that the right-hander doesn’t need surgery and that he can resume playing catch after a month of rest.
Capps was 0-0 with a 3.00 ERA in nine games.
Miami purchased the contract of infielder Justin Bour from Triple-A New Orleans Wednesday. He is taking the roster spot of second baseman Derek Dietrich, who was optioned to New Orleans after Tuesday night’s 1-0 victory over Tampa Bay.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Preview: 3rd Ranked Miami Hurricanes Host Virginia Cavaliers
- Whiteside, Heat Lead By 25, Hold On To Beat Wizards 91-88
- Dolphins Week 11 NFL Injury Report: Miami Should Have All Hands On Deck Versus Bucs
- Derek Jeter & The Marlins Step Up To The Plate For Thanksgiving
- Jameis Winston Denies Accusations Of Groping Uber Driver