ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Miami Marlins reliever Carter Capps has gotten some good news about his strained right elbow.
Marlins manager Mike Redmond says Capps got a second opinion Wednesday from Dr. James Andrews. The noted orthopedist agreed with team doctors that the right-hander doesn’t need surgery and that he can resume playing catch after a month of rest.
Capps was 0-0 with a 3.00 ERA in nine games.
Miami purchased the contract of infielder Justin Bour from Triple-A New Orleans Wednesday. He is taking the roster spot of second baseman Derek Dietrich, who was optioned to New Orleans after Tuesday night’s 1-0 victory over Tampa Bay.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dolphins Opponent Profile: Miami Looks To Keep Jets Winless In Week 3 AFC East Showdown
- Stanton, Marlins Hope Bats Stay Hot As Series With Rival Mets Continues
- Stanton Hits 55th Homer To Help Marlins Beat Mets 13-1
- From Dolphins Fan To Dolphins Hero, Jupiter Native Cody Parkey Is Living The Dream
- Miami Hurricanes Back To Work After Long Layoff, Preparing For Toledo