MIAMI (AP) — Right-handed reliever Kevin Gregg has agreed to terms on a minor league contract with the Miami Marlins pending a physical.
Gregg, who turns 36 this month, pitched last year for the Chicago Cubs and had 33 saves with a 3.48 ERA. He has 177 career saves, including 61 in two seasons with the Marlins.
With the agreement Monday, the Marlins acquired their second reliever in as many days. On Sunday, they traded the 39th overall pick in this week’s draft to the Pittsburgh Pirates for right-hander Bryan Morris.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- US Claims First WBC Title With 8-0 Rout Of Puerto Rico
- US Edges Japan 2-1, Advances To WBC Championship Game
- Stanton’s Homer, Jones’ Amazing Catch Send US Into WBC Semifinals
- VOTE: (2) 1997 Florida Marlins vs. (3) 2011-12 Miami Heat
- Stark On Stanton: Marlins Are “His Team Now”