MIAMI (AP) — Right-handed reliever Kevin Gregg has agreed to terms on a minor league contract with the Miami Marlins pending a physical.
Gregg, who turns 36 this month, pitched last year for the Chicago Cubs and had 33 saves with a 3.48 ERA. He has 177 career saves, including 61 in two seasons with the Marlins.
With the agreement Monday, the Marlins acquired their second reliever in as many days. On Sunday, they traded the 39th overall pick in this week’s draft to the Pittsburgh Pirates for right-hander Bryan Morris.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Marlins’ Yelich Expected To Add Power, Center Field Glove
- Jose Fernandez’s Girlfriend Gives Birth To Baby Girl
- MLB Rule Change Gives Giancarlo Stanton Unique Piece Of History
- Mattingly: Reversing The Tolerance For Ks Would Speed Play
- Marlins Hold Ichiro Out Of Workouts Following Collision