Reliever Kevin Gregg agrees To Terms With Marlins
Marlins CentralShop for Marlins Gear
Buy Marlins Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
MIAMI (AP) — Right-handed reliever Kevin Gregg has agreed to terms on a minor league contract with the Miami Marlins pending a physical.
Gregg, who turns 36 this month, pitched last year for the Chicago Cubs and had 33 saves with a 3.48 ERA. He has 177 career saves, including 61 in two seasons with the Marlins.
With the agreement Monday, the Marlins acquired their second reliever in as many days. On Sunday, they traded the 39th overall pick in this week’s draft to the Pittsburgh Pirates for right-hander Bryan Morris.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ‘Marlins Man’ Takes Center Stage At The World Series
- Casey McGehee Named NL Comeback Player Of The Year
- Marlins Lose Ed Lucas To Rangers On Waiver Claim
- Marlins’ Fernandez Says Throwing Feels Better Than Ever
- Marlins Jose Fernandez Invites Media To Rehab Throwing Session