Ray J Arrested At Beverly Hills Hotel
In To Be Out: Gay Celebrities
BEVERLY HILLS, CA (AP) — Police arrested singer Ray J at a Beverly Hills hotel after they say he became belligerent with staff, kicked out a patrol car window and spit at an officer.
A statement from the Beverly Hills Police Department says officers were summoned to the hotel Friday evening to investigate a report that the 33-year-old singer had inappropriately touched a woman at the bar.
Officers found the contact was incidental, and the singer agreed to leave.
But police say Ray J, whose legal name is William Ray Norwood, then refused to leave, became unruly and used his feet to shatter a patrol car window after being taken into custody.
He is the brother of singer-actress Brandy Norwood.
The charges include vandalism, resisting arrest and battery on a police officer.
A representative for Ray J declined to comment about the arrest.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- It’s A Taste Of The Town With Patriotic Flare At American Social
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Added to List of 2015 GRAMMY Performers
- Women To Watch: Trend Tracker® With Cantor Rachelle Nelson
- All-Female ‘Ghostbusters’ Cast Announced
- The Band Perry Joins Tortuga Music Festival