MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — Without even leaving the hospital, some children battling illnesses were able to enjoy prom.
Local investor and philanthropist Adam Carlin and his wife Chanin made the night possible for 75 teens with a $300,000 donation that will cover future proms to come.
Professional stylists offered makeovers at the Mad Hatter-themed event Saturday at Miami Children’s Hospital. Reality star and chef Adrianne Calvo was scheduled to cater, Miami Marlins’ DJ Vertigo to spin the tunes.
Parents were invited to dinner and a live stream of the teens’ arrivals. The Carlins made the donation after discovering how many children miss prom due to chronic illnesses. They gave the money to Miami Children’s Health Foundation, which seeks to ensure quality care hospital care for all South Florida youth.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Fight Over Everglades Refuge Pits Florida Against Feds
- Sightseeing Duck Trolley Catches Fire On MacArthur Causeway
- BSO Needs Help Identifying Robber Caught On Surveillance In Violent ATM Robbery
- Liberty City Students Taken To Hospital After Ingesting Drug
- Exclusive: Bully Brawl At Broward School Brings Criminal Charges