MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) — Without even leaving the hospital, some children battling illnesses were able to enjoy prom.
Local investor and philanthropist Adam Carlin and his wife Chanin made the night possible for 75 teens with a $300,000 donation that will cover future proms to come.
Professional stylists offered makeovers at the Mad Hatter-themed event Saturday at Miami Children’s Hospital. Reality star and chef Adrianne Calvo was scheduled to cater, Miami Marlins’ DJ Vertigo to spin the tunes.
Parents were invited to dinner and a live stream of the teens’ arrivals. The Carlins made the donation after discovering how many children miss prom due to chronic illnesses. They gave the money to Miami Children’s Health Foundation, which seeks to ensure quality care hospital care for all South Florida youth.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- State Senate Higher Ed Bills Pass First Hurdle
- Senate Panel Backs Feminine Hygiene Tax Exemption
- Trump Says New Lawsuit Is “Totally Without Merit”
- Two People Charged After 50 Pets Die In House Fire
- 9-Year-Old Girl Placed In Protective Custody Hadn’t ‘Showered In Over A Week’