Teheran, Braves Beat Marlins 3-2
MIAMI (AP) — Julio Teheran pitched 7 1-3 innings and scored the tying run in the seventh on Friday to help the Atlanta Braves move a game ahead of Miami atop the NL East by beating the Marlins 3-2.
The Braves trailed 2-0 in the sixth inning but rallied to break a four-game losing streak. They won for only the third time in their past 13 road games.
Teheran (5-3) allowed five hits and two runs, which raised his ERA to 1.83. Teheran, who came into the game 2 for 25 this season, had a single and a double.
The right-hander improved to 4-0 in six career starts against the Marlins with an ERA of 2.50.
Giancarlo Stanton hit his NL-leading 16th home run in the first inning to put the Marlins up 2-0.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Marlins Hope To Avoid 4-Game Sweep Against Red-Hot Mets
- Mets Get Gem From deGrom, Beat Marlins For 7th Straight Win
- Marlins Look For Win Against Mets Saturday
- Colon Does It All, Leads Mets Past Miami For 6th Win In Row
- Marlins Look For Win Against Mets