MIAMI (CBSMiami) — The Coast Guard repatriated 16 Cuban migrants this week.
The migrants were repatriated to Bahia de Cabañas , Cuba on Wednesday.
The migrants were rescued by crews on Sunday, May 25th during a routine patrol.
A Coast Guard aircraft detected what they said was a rustic vessel southeast of Key West. Crews went to the area and found 14 Cuban mirgants.
On another occasion, a Carnival cruise ship rescued two Cuban migrants from a raft located on the southwest side of Key West.
All migrants received food, water, shelter, and basic medical attention.
- Police Use of Social Media Expanding & It’s Raising New Concerns
- 7 Earth-Size Planets Found In Habitable Zone Outside Our Solar System
- Anti-Trump Protesters Take Fight To Local Leaders Who Didn’t Hold Town Hall
- Trump Administration Lifts Federal Guidelines On Transgender Student Bathroom Protections
- Congressional Leaders Pen Letter Asking Feds To Investigate JCC Bomb Threats