Coast Guard Repatriates 16 Cuban Migrants
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — The Coast Guard repatriated 16 Cuban migrants this week.
The migrants were repatriated to Bahia de Cabañas , Cuba on Wednesday.
The migrants were rescued by crews on Sunday, May 25th during a routine patrol.
A Coast Guard aircraft detected what they said was a rustic vessel southeast of Key West. Crews went to the area and found 14 Cuban mirgants.
On another occasion, a Carnival cruise ship rescued two Cuban migrants from a raft located on the southwest side of Key West.
All migrants received food, water, shelter, and basic medical attention.
- Locals, Tourists To Gather For Concert Celebrating 100 Years Of Miami Beach
- Rubio Seeks To Strip Gun-Control Authority From DC Officials
- Lawmakers Back New Specialty Tags, Higher Requirements
- Father Charged With Neglect In Toddler’s Death Out Of Jail
- Health Officials: International Traveler Had Measles While In South Florida