5-Year-Old Starts Fire, Apartment Destroyed
Get Breaking News First
NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE (CBSMiami) — A South Florida family is homeless after flames tore through their Northwest Miami-Dade apartment and a child playing with fire is to blame.
The fire broke out Thursday night inside a first floor apartment at the Silver Blue Lakes Apartment Complex located at 1401 NW 103rd Street.
At least two people were inside at the time, a mother and her 5-year-old son, who admitted to starting the fire in a bedroom.
The boy, Amoz Davis, spoke to CBS4 News with his mother’s permission.
“Do not play with fire because it’s too dangerous,” said Amoz.
His mother also had a warning for others.
“Don’t leave lighters around your kids because it’s very dangerous. We just moved from the third floor. If we were still on the third floor, we would all be dead,” said an emotional Christy Davis.
Flames tore through the entire unit and destroyed everything in sight.
Fortunately, nobody was hurt.
- Incumbent Miami-Dade Commissioner Knocked Off By Newcomer
- Big Retailers Filling Up Shelves With Holiday Gear In August
- Mother Of South Florida Journalist Held By ISIS Makes Plea To Leader
- Four Arrested In Connection To Autistic Child’s Death
- Miami Fire Rescue Lieutenant Arrested For Solicitation Of Minor