NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE (CBSMiami) — A South Florida family is homeless after flames tore through their Northwest Miami-Dade apartment and a child playing with fire is to blame.
The fire broke out Thursday night inside a first floor apartment at the Silver Blue Lakes Apartment Complex located at 1401 NW 103rd Street.
At least two people were inside at the time, a mother and her 5-year-old son, who admitted to starting the fire in a bedroom.
The boy, Amoz Davis, spoke to CBS4 News with his mother’s permission.
“Do not play with fire because it’s too dangerous,” said Amoz.
His mother also had a warning for others.
“Don’t leave lighters around your kids because it’s very dangerous. We just moved from the third floor. If we were still on the third floor, we would all be dead,” said an emotional Christy Davis.
Flames tore through the entire unit and destroyed everything in sight.
Fortunately, nobody was hurt.
- Mother, Infant Carjacked In Broad Daylight; Suspect Still Loose
- Lauderhill Police Release Surveillance Of Point-Blank Shooting Outside Fish Market
- Faulty Airbags Have South Florida At Forefront Of Biggest Auto Recall In U.S. History
- Warehouse Near Airport Goes Up In Flames
- Couple Says Atlantis Paradise Resort Let The Bedbugs Bite