NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE (CBSMiami) — A South Florida family is homeless after flames tore through their Northwest Miami-Dade apartment and a child playing with fire is to blame.
The fire broke out Thursday night inside a first floor apartment at the Silver Blue Lakes Apartment Complex located at 1401 NW 103rd Street.
At least two people were inside at the time, a mother and her 5-year-old son, who admitted to starting the fire in a bedroom.
The boy, Amoz Davis, spoke to CBS4 News with his mother’s permission.
“Do not play with fire because it’s too dangerous,” said Amoz.
His mother also had a warning for others.
“Don’t leave lighters around your kids because it’s very dangerous. We just moved from the third floor. If we were still on the third floor, we would all be dead,” said an emotional Christy Davis.
Flames tore through the entire unit and destroyed everything in sight.
Fortunately, nobody was hurt.
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School To Resume Classes On February 27th
- ‘NRA Is Not Okay’: Students Taking ‘Never Again’ Movement To Washington
- Judge Allows Release Of DCF Documents On Confessed School Gunman
- A Day Of Mourning As More School Shooting Victims Laid To Rest
- Jeter On Miami-Dade Suing Jeffrey Loria: “This Has Nothing To Do With Us”