WEST PALM BEACH (CBSMiami/AP) — An 18-month old West Palm Beach boy who was shot during an altercation died Thursday.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said Izarion Colin died at St. Mary’s Medical Center.
The boy was shot during an altercation Wednesday, May 29th. The sheriff’s office said the boy and another child were in a vehicle with two adults when an unknown man entered and drew a gun. When one of the adults in the car pushed the gun away, authorities say it discharged and struck the boy in the torso.
Detectives will continue to investigate the incident.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Sources: Multiple BSO Deputies Waited Outside School While Shooting Was Happening
- Florida Authorities Say Teens Arrested For School Shooting Threats
- Delta, United Are Latest Companies To Cut Ties With NRA
- Rifle Spotted In Truck At Florida High School, Student Arrested
- Bobby Flay, Guy Fieri Hit Up South Beach Wine & Food Festival