FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Small businesses play an imperative role in America’s economy. With so many Americans utilizing small businesses to get their first job, it’s vital that entrepreneurs and business owners have the tools needed to turn their ideas into a booming and successful businesses.
In an effort to assist those interested in starting their own small business, as well as people who already own a small business, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (FL-23) will be hosting her fifth annual free small business workshop on Saturday, May 31st. The event will run from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Broward County Convention Center.
A series of seminars will be hosted by federal, state and local partners and will provide marketing, management and financial guidance for those in attendance.
Giving the keynote address will be Keith Koenig, the President of City Furniture. Additionally, the Small Business Administration will be on hand to honor the South Florida Small Business Week Award winners.
Registration is from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. but attendees are encouraged to pre-register online at http://wassermanschultz.house.gov/smallbizevent.
At 9:30 a.m. Rep. Wasserman Schultz will speak, followed shortly after by the keynote speech from Mr. Koenig.
- Brightline Announces Start Date For Miami Service
- Most Americans Don’t Know Instagram Is Owned By Facebook ― And That’s No Accident
- Bank Of America Plans To Stop Lending To Makers Of Assault Weapons
- Trump’s Attacks On Amazon Are A Problem For Your 401(k)
- Bed Bath & Beyond Taking Toys ‘R’ Us Gift Cards But Not For Long