Police In Central Florida Probe Middle School Murder Plot
South Florida Crime
CLERMONT (CBSMiami/AP) — A possible murder plot by a Central Florida middle school student has been thwarted.
Deputies in central Florida are investigating the possible plot to harm some of his teachers.
Officials said Thursday that the student at East Ridge Middle School in the Orlando suburb of Clermont is undergoing a mental health evaluation. No charges have been filed.
Deputies say the student brought a knife to school last week and had a black book detailing a plot to kill some of his teachers and then himself.
Deputies searched the student’s home but found no other weapons.
Officials say the student had recently been suspended from school for 10 days and the school was looking for an alternative placement for him.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Florida Baby To Spend Christmas At Home After Heart Transplant
- Cuba Policy Change Will Have Impact On Travel & Money
- Policy Change Splits Cubans, No Treaty At Café Versailles
- Cuban-American Lawmakers Against New US-Cuba Policy Change
- Think Cuban-Americans All Think Alike? Think Again