TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/AP) — Florida Governor Rick Scott plans to sue U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Scott made the announcement Wednesday, May 28th but the lawsuit hasn’t been filed.
The move comes after the department would not allow state hospital officials to inspect federal medical care facilities in Florida.
Scott’s office said that on seven recent occasions at six VA hospitals, inspectors from the state Agency for Health Care Administration were prevented from inspecting facilities.
The suit will seek to keep the Department of Veterans Affairs from obstructing state inspectors.
The action comes as 26 VA facilities nationwide are under investigation after allegations about treatment delays and secret waiting lists intended to hide delays in care.
TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Trump Says U.S. Has Not ‘Given Up Anything’ In North Korea Talks
- Clinton Stars As Central Villain In GOP’s Midterm Strategy
- Laughter, Tears As Former First Lady Barbara Bush Remembered
- ‘Russians Were Trying To Interfere’: Sen. Marco Rubio On DNC Lawsuit Against Russia, WikiLeaks & Trump Campaign
- Former First Lady Barbara Bush’s Body Lies In Repose In Houston