Worker Burned In Fire At Hialeah Car Dealership
HIALEAH (CBSMiami) – A worker at the Gust Machado Ford Service Center was rushed to Ryder Trauma Center with severe burns Tuesday.
Officials with Hialeah Fire Department report several units were at the 1200 W 49 Street location and extinguished the fire.
It began when some electrical work was being performed at the scene.
Hialeah Fire units had to wait for Florida Power and Light to de-energize the building.
The extent of the injuries to the worker is not clear at this time.
Victor Benitez, the general manager at Gus Machado Ford since 1988 released a statement Tuesday night:
At 4 o’clock this afternoon, one of our vendors, an electrical contractor, entered the Hialeah dealership’s electrical connections chamber. A sudden and unexplained explosion occured causing injury to the electrician. He was treated on the scene and rushed to Jackson Memorial Hospital. All of us at Gus Machado Ford lift up our prayers for the gentleman and his family.
- Woman Sentenced 25 Years For Murder Of Multimillionaire Boyfriend
- Florida County Votes To Fly Confederate Flag Once Again
- Mother Says Police Beat Her Son Without Provocation
- Police: Puppy Beaten, Thrown From Balcony
- Cops: Joyriding 15-Year-Old Hits Toddler On Bike