Beach Chaos Caught On Camera, 42 Arrested
South Florida Crime
FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Dozens of people arrested by Fort Lauderdale police showed up in court Tuesday morning.
They were part of an unruly crowd that created a ruckus by the beach Monday night during Memorial Day weekend activities.
Police with Fort Lauderdale said the chaos all began at the basketball courts at the beach.
Michael Borosky caught it all with his cell phone camera as he was at a restaurant on A1A around 5:00 p.m.
“‘I’ve never seen, it was like something straight from a movie,” said Borosky.
An organized crowd of hundreds showed up with some people allegedly reaching into cars and hitting people and jumping on top of cabs.
“Literally, middle aged people, literally crying from the horrible stuff that they’re hearing,” added Borosky.
To respond and control the crowd, Fort Lauderdale officers closed-down bridges to the beach and arrested 42 people.
Some people described the police presence as excessive. No one reported major injuries.
- Miami Marathon Won For Second Time By Guatemala’s Gonzalez
- Millions Of GMO Insects Could Be Released In Florida Keys
- Koch Event Drawing 2016 Hopefuls Rubio, Paul, Cruz
- FWC Investigating Boat Crash Near Sea Isle Marina
- Mortgage Fraud Lands Former NFL Player In Prison