LOS ANGELES (AP) — “X-Men: Days of Future Past” is projected to be the fifth best Memorial Day holiday weekend debut in box office history over a four-day period, just behind “Fast & Furious 6” and above “The Hangover 2.”
The seventh installment in the “X-Men” franchise earned $111 million, according to studio estimates on Monday.
Warner Bros. sci-fi monster smash “Godzilla” landed at No. 2 with $39.4 million from Thursday to Monday.
The Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore-led comedy “Blended” held the third place spot with an $18.1 million debut. It’s not a great start for the duo whose previous team-ups included “The Wedding Singer” and “50 First Dates.” Both films grossed over $80 million domestically.
“Neighbors” and “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” rounded out the top five earning $17.2 million and $10 million, respectively.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ‘Deadpool 2′ Ends Avengers’ Box-Office Reign, Rakes In $125M
- Meghan Markle Wears Stella McCartney Dress To Evening Reception
- Princes Harry And William Wear Formal Military Uniforms At Royal Wedding
- Americans Fete Royal Wedding In Pubs, Hotels And Homes
- Royal Wedding: Cake, Speeches & More Coming At Lunchtime Reception