LOS ANGELES (AP) — “X-Men: Days of Future Past” is projected to be the fifth best Memorial Day holiday weekend debut in box office history over a four-day period, just behind “Fast & Furious 6” and above “The Hangover 2.”
The seventh installment in the “X-Men” franchise earned $111 million, according to studio estimates on Monday.
Warner Bros. sci-fi monster smash “Godzilla” landed at No. 2 with $39.4 million from Thursday to Monday.
The Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore-led comedy “Blended” held the third place spot with an $18.1 million debut. It’s not a great start for the duo whose previous team-ups included “The Wedding Singer” and “50 First Dates.” Both films grossed over $80 million domestically.
“Neighbors” and “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” rounded out the top five earning $17.2 million and $10 million, respectively.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ariete Has Worldly Menu With Comforts Of Home
- Perry Goes For The Funny Bone With “Boo 2! A Madea Halloween”
- ‘Surprises: That’s What This Show Is About’: Luke Perry On Season 2 Of ‘Riverdale’
- ‘Ron Is Used To Getting His Way’: Brad Garrett On Butting Heads With Dr. Bull
- ‘We Were Really In This Family Sandwich’: Mark Feuerstein Talks Inspiration For ‘9JKL’