‘X-Men’ Atop Holiday Opener Bests With $111M
LOS ANGELES (AP) — “X-Men: Days of Future Past” is projected to be the fifth best Memorial Day holiday weekend debut in box office history over a four-day period, just behind “Fast & Furious 6″ and above “The Hangover 2.”
The seventh installment in the “X-Men” franchise earned $111 million, according to studio estimates on Monday.
Warner Bros. sci-fi monster smash “Godzilla” landed at No. 2 with $39.4 million from Thursday to Monday.
The Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore-led comedy “Blended” held the third place spot with an $18.1 million debut. It’s not a great start for the duo whose previous team-ups included “The Wedding Singer” and “50 First Dates.” Both films grossed over $80 million domestically.
“Neighbors” and “The Amazing Spider-Man 2″ rounded out the top five earning $17.2 million and $10 million, respectively.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Exclusive Interview: Justin Bieber, Skrillex and Diplo To Drop “Where Are U Now”
- Vin Diesel Says Oscars Weighted Against Action Films
- ‘The Talk’s’ Sheryl Underwood Making Laughs In South Florida
- This Week: Zayn Malik Leave One Direction & Angelina Jolie’s Smart Move
- Locals, Tourists To Gather For Concert Celebrating 100 Years Of Miami Beach