LOS ANGELES (AP) — “X-Men: Days of Future Past” is projected to be the fifth best Memorial Day holiday weekend debut in box office history over a four-day period, just behind “Fast & Furious 6” and above “The Hangover 2.”
The seventh installment in the “X-Men” franchise earned $111 million, according to studio estimates on Monday.
Warner Bros. sci-fi monster smash “Godzilla” landed at No. 2 with $39.4 million from Thursday to Monday.
The Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore-led comedy “Blended” held the third place spot with an $18.1 million debut. It’s not a great start for the duo whose previous team-ups included “The Wedding Singer” and “50 First Dates.” Both films grossed over $80 million domestically.
“Neighbors” and “The Amazing Spider-Man 2” rounded out the top five earning $17.2 million and $10 million, respectively.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Depp’s ‘Alice’ Bombs At Box Office, Daughter Defends Him After Abuse Allegations
- Judge Orders Johnny Depp To Stay Away From Estranged Wife
- Justin Bieber, Skrillex Sued For “Sorry” Copyright Infringement
- A Look At The Coolest Offices In South Florida
- Suspected Gunman Arrested After Deadly Night At T.I. Concert