OPA-LOCKA (CBSMiami) — Two men remain hospitalized and a third is in custody after a double-shooting at the Opa-locka Hialeah Flea Market.
A spokesman for the city of Opa-locka said one man was shot in the face and another in the neck after some sort of dispute in the food court area on Sunday.
The alleged shooter got away, but not for long. He was taken into custody just off the Gratigny Parkway.
“Our police department got a fix on a vehicle that left and we pursued it,” explained David Chiverton, Opa-locka’s assistant city manager. “It seems to have a flat tire so that may have slowed the subject down,” he continued.
Police put the subject in handcuffs while they looked over the car.
“There is a gun currently in custody we still have to investigate if that’s the gun used in the shooting,” said Chiverton.
The flea market was crowded when the shooting happened.
After the shooting a frightened 13-year-old girl ran and was missing for about 10 minutes, but was found safely.
Both victims were airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital, according to Chiverton. There is no word on their conditions.
- Viral Maternity Photo Shows Couple Together While Thousands Of Miles Apart
- Haitians Under Protected Status Given Extension To Stay In The States
- 15-Year-Old Injured In Brownsville Shooting
- City Officials ‘Trying To Change The Narrative’ Of Memorial Day Weekend On Miami Beach
- New Juice Recommendations Limit Intake For Babies