TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/AP) – Governor Rick Scott will be in Miami Tuesday to start a two-week tour of introducing new policies focused on small businesses and entrepreneurs.
Scott will tour Florida to highlight his proposals to reduce corporate filing fees for small businesses and increasing funding for export marketing programs.
Scott will also announce a $10 million “Risk Taker Award” that he says will reward entrepreneurs and small businesses for developing solutions to specific issues with private capital. Scott also proposes establishing annual business competitions hosted by Florida’s colleges and universities that would award winners up to $100,000.
In a statement Monday from his re-election campaign, Scott called small businesses “the lifeblood of our economy.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Former President George H.W. Bush In Intensive Care
- Pompeo Advances Out Of Committee With Favorable Recommendation Following Paul Vote Flip
- Nicaraguan President Revokes Social Security Reforms That Led To Deadly Protests
- French President Macron Arrives For First State Visit Under Trump Administration
- Russia Ramps Up Pressure On Trump To Honor Iran Nuclear Deal