MIAMI (AP) — Heat forward Chris Andersen is inactive for Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals against Indiana with a bruised left thigh.
Andersen has been dealing with an array of nagging aches and pains for some time, and the Heat made the announcement about 45 minutes before their game with the Pacers on Monday night.
The Heat say Andersen is day to day.
Also for Game 4, Rashard Lewis is in the starting lineup in place of Udonis Haslem.
Lewis earned rave reviews from Heat coach Erik Spoelstra for the way he defended in Game 3. Miami outscored Indiana by 21 points when Lewis was on the floor in that game, even though the veteran forward finished without a single point, rebound, assist or steal.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Olynyk’s Big Night Helps Heat Past Knicks, 119-98
- Heat Set Franchise Scoring Record, Top Nuggets In Double OT
- Randolph Comes Through In OT To Help Kings Beat Heat 123-119
- Reflecting With Wade: The Superstar’s Career Has Come Full Circle
- Emotions High As Students, Families Visit Dwyane Wade’s Parkland 17 Exhibit