BIG PINE KEY (CBSMiami) — Monroe County authorities arrested a man accused of attacking his brother-in-law with a sharp-edged weapon, deputies say may be a sword.
It all happened at the Seahorse Campground on Big Pine Key Friday night. According to deputies,when they arrived they found the alleged victim on the ground. His face was swollen and he had cuts on his arm and leg.
The victim told deputies his brother-in-law, 27-year old Diosvany Orama attacked him.
According to the victim and witness, Orama was at the campground to speak to the manager about owning a trailer.
As Orama was leaving, he drove by his brother-in-law and began talking. The conversation escalated, leading to a fight between the two.
The victim told deputies Orama got out of his car and at some point pulled out what was described as a sword from the trunk of his car. He allegedly began swinging it at his brother-in-law, striking him several times.
Orama then left and returned to his home in Marathon, according to deputies.
Detective said they found a 3-foot long black sheath which had held the sword from the scene of the alleged attack.
Deputies later caught up to Orama, spoke to him and arrested him on charges of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.
- SOBE Losing Memorial Day Weekend Crowds To Violence & Police Presence
- Miami-Dade Police Release Sketch Of Man Who Robbed & Sexually Assaulted 3 People
- Police: Stabbed Teens Turn Out To Be Possible Suspects, Not Victims
- Dolphins’ Koa Misi Involved In Club Fight In Ft. Lauderdale
- Restaurant Where “2 Drunk 2 Care” Driver Drank Before Fatal Crash Is In Trouble Again