Keys Fugitive Arrested In Miami-Dade
South Florida Crime
MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A 50-year old man is behind bars, accused of robbing and trying to kill a woman in Key West.
According to KeysInfoNet, Kevin Ray Jones was arrested in Miami-Dade on May 21st but will be moved to the Keys to face trial on charges of attempted murder and robbery.
Jones offered to give Stephanie Evans, 31, a ride home on November 16, 2013, from a Key West bar since it was raining, according to the paper. Evans accepted.
During the ride, Jones allegedly punched Evans , knocking her unconscious. When she woke up Jones allegedly grabbed her purse and threw her out of his truck. He then allegedly ran her over and left, according to the paper. She is now paralyzed from the waist down.
Jone is currently being held in jail with no bond.
Click here for the full story.
- Locals Celebrate USWNT’s World Cup Win
- Reports Indicate Jason Pierre-Paul Injures Hand In Fireworks Accident
- In 24-Hour Span 3 People Severely Injure Hands In Fireworks Accidents
- Residents Terrified After Man Killed In Wynwood Shooting
- Florida Woman Drives Car Through Home, Charged With DUI