MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A 50-year old man is behind bars, accused of robbing and trying to kill a woman in Key West.
According to KeysInfoNet, Kevin Ray Jones was arrested in Miami-Dade on May 21st but will be moved to the Keys to face trial on charges of attempted murder and robbery.
Jones offered to give Stephanie Evans, 31, a ride home on November 16, 2013, from a Key West bar since it was raining, according to the paper. Evans accepted.
During the ride, Jones allegedly punched Evans , knocking her unconscious. When she woke up Jones allegedly grabbed her purse and threw her out of his truck. He then allegedly ran her over and left, according to the paper. She is now paralyzed from the waist down.
Jone is currently being held in jail with no bond.
Click here for the full story.
- Death Toll Stands At 6 In FIU Bridge Collapse; 5 Victims Under Bridge
- Names Released Of FIU Bridge Collapse Victims
- Weston Teen Saves Family’s Home When Fire Erupts
- Harvard Hosts Parkland Shooting Survivors For Gun Panel
- No Remorse With Burlock Coast’s Rum Runner’s Remorse In Our Digital Bite