HOOVER, Ala. (AP) — Josh Tobias’ single with two outs in the eighth drove in the go-ahead run and Florida beat Kentucky 6-5 Saturday to move into the Southeastern Conference tournament championship game.
The top-seeded Gators (40-20), who lost their tournament opener to the Wildcats (35-23), face LSU on Sunday seeking their second championship in four years.
Florida reliever Eric Hanhold (4-3) left runners stuck at second base in both the bottom of the eighth and ninth.
Hanhold got Storm Wilson to ground out to end the game. He pitched 3-1/3 scoreless innings, striking out four and allowing two hits.
Harrison Bader went 3 for 4 and drove in three runs for the Gators. The No. 9 hitter, Tobias had two hits and scored twice while driving in his eighth run of the year to score Ryan Larson.
Kentucky’s Austin Cousino drove in a pair of runs while Max Kuhn also had two RBIs.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Miami Hurricanes Move Up To No. 2 In Latest College Football Playoff Rankings
- Miami Defensive Coordinator Manny Diaz Named Semifinalist For Broyles Award
- Miami Heat Usher In Thanksgiving With Block Party, Turkey Giveaway
- Phil Simms: ‘I Wouldn’t Want To Play The Chargers In The Playoffs’
- Latest NFL Power Rankings