MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Charges were dismissed against a former banker and one-time Miami mayoral candidate accused of stealing county money.
Back in 2007, Raul Masvidal was charged with fraud and theft for allegedly stealing $150,000 from the county taxpayers to buy a massive watermelon statue for his personal use.
A judge has ruled that the statute of limitations on the charges has expired and that the money used to buy the statue did not actually belong to the county.
Masvidal is still in a long-running civil lawsuit with the county over a failed $25 million building project which is where the charges stemmed from.
- Trump: ‘Tremendously Confident We’re Going To Win In Florida’
- Hillary Clinton ‘Not Taking Anything For Granted’ In Florida
- Hopes High For Passage Of Medical Marijuana Amendment
- Bondi Says Trump Will Be ‘Excellent Role Model’
- Officer Injured While In Clinton Motorcade In Florida