MIAMI (CBSMiami/AP) —AAA is offering intoxicated drivers in Florida a free ride home during Memorial Day weekend.
The “Tow and Go” program to discourage intoxicated driving began Friday, May 23rd and will be available through 6:00 a.m. Tuesday,May 27th. The service is offered at the availability of AAA drivers who will tow a vehicle and give confidential rides for up to two people within a 10-mile radius. It is free to both AAA members and non-members.
AAA has held “Tow and Go” three times in 2014. It also will offer the service for Independence Day, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s.
The program began in 1998, and AAA says during that 16-year span it has removed more than 23,000 intoxicated drivers from roadways.
TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- These Florida Politicians Are Not Attending Trump’s Inauguration
- Trump Addresses Supporters On Eve Of Inauguration: ‘It’s Something Very Special’
- Dogs Given New Life After Being Rescued From South Korean Slaughter Farm
- Plantation Police On Lookout For Crime Trio Targeting, Robbing Women At Publix Stores
- Roof Collapses On Workers Renovating Warehouse