MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami/AP) — More than 80 people were arrested in the first two days of Miami Beach’s annual Urban Beach Week hip-hop festival.
According to Miami Beach Police, 83 people were arrested from Thursday evening through early Saturday, May 24th. The majority of the arrests were for drug charges or other misdemeanors.
That’s down from 141 arrests during the same time period last year. Police reported 414 arrests for the entire Memorial Day weekend event last year. The vast majority of those arrests were for drugs or misdemeanor offenses.
The weekend has become known for large crowds and a heavy police presence in South Beach.
TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Family And Friends Say Goodbye to School Shooting Victim Joaquin Oliver
- Gun Control Rally Held In Fort Lauderdale Following School Shooting
- Miami-Dade County Suing Fmr. & Current Miami Marlins Owners
- Drivers! Know About These Coconut Grove Arts Festival Road Closures
- Trump Visits Victims Of School Shooting As Some Students Demand New Gun Laws