MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami/AP) — More than 80 people were arrested in the first two days of Miami Beach’s annual Urban Beach Week hip-hop festival.
According to Miami Beach Police, 83 people were arrested from Thursday evening through early Saturday, May 24th. The majority of the arrests were for drug charges or other misdemeanors.
That’s down from 141 arrests during the same time period last year. Police reported 414 arrests for the entire Memorial Day weekend event last year. The vast majority of those arrests were for drugs or misdemeanor offenses.
The weekend has become known for large crowds and a heavy police presence in South Beach.
TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Miami Music Project Gets Big Boost For Tuition-Free, Year-Round Program
- Hollywood PD Releases Sketch Of Suspect Who Sexually Assaulted Spa Worker
- Words Of Hate Spewed At Protest Over Changing Names Of Hollywood Streets
- Miami Crash Involving Ambulance Under Investigation
- ‘Thank God She Was There’: Sister Pulls Nephew Out Of Burning Home