MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The Memorial Day weekend is going to be a scorcher for South Florida.
High pressure will dominate the forecast and that means the heat will be able to build through the weekend.
Afternoon temperatures will reach the lower 90s along the coast and the middle 90s farther inland.
Heat index values will soar into the upper 90s to lower 100s.
With heat index values in the triple digits, use some caution with outdoor activities and drink plenty of water or hydrating liquids.
Saturday, a stray storm is possible. However, a better chance of an afternoon storm arrives by Sunday.
The forecast then stays hot with a few afternoon storms possible Memorial Day.
Rain chances increase considerably by the end of next week as more moisture moves into the region.
- A Sunny South Florida Holiday Weekend
- Winter Weather Beginning To Head South
- NASA’s Next Weather Satellite To Revolutionize Forecasting
- Jamaica, Haiti Prepare For Hurricane Matthew
- Tropical Storm Matthew Growing As It Heads For Caribbean