Florida’s Donovan Spoke To A Couple Of NBA Teams
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Florida’s Billy Donovan has spoken to a couple of NBA teams about coaching vacancies, but adds that “I fully plan on being back” next season.
Donovan declined to specify which teams called — Detroit, Golden State, the Los Angeles Lakers, Minnesota, New York and Utah had openings — and jokingly cited his brief stint with the NBA’s Orlando Magic in 2007 as reason for keeping details private.
Donovan says, “I’m not going to get into, ‘He’s lying. He’s not being truthful.’ I got a couple of calls. That’s all it is.”
Donovan just finished his 18th season at Florida, where he has two national championships and four Final Four appearances.
He says NBA interest is “always flattering,” but adds that “I’m very happy here and like it here.”
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Colon Does It All, Leads Mets Past Miami For 6th Win In Row
- Audio: What Would Happen if Britt McHenry Tried Channing Crowder?
- Miami Heat Mock Draft Roundup: Willie Cauley-Stein?
- Keidel: Freddie Roach Is Pacquiao’s Trainer, Mentor, And Mouthpiece
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: April 13th-April 17th