‘Star Wars’ Fans To Get Chance At Cameo
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Calling all Star Wars fans…would it be an absolute dream come true to have a role in the next installment of the film? J.J. Abrams is giving you a chance.
Abrams, the director of Star Wars: Episode VII, announced Wednesday the chance for fans to have a cameo in the film that’s set to be released in 2015.
Disney, Lucasfilm and Bad Robot have teamed up for a campaign to raise funds for UNICEF. Abrams announced the initiative in a video from the set of the movie in Abu Dhabi.
“The Star Wars fans are some of the most passionate and committed folks around the globe,” director J.J. Abrams said in a press release. “We’re thrilled to offer a chance to come behind the scenes as our VIP guests and be in Star Wars: Episode VII. We’re even more excited that by participating in this campaign, Star Wars fans will be helping children around the world through our collaboration with UNICEF Innovation Labs and projects.”
For every $10 donation at Omaze.com/StarWars, contributors will become eligible to appear in the film when it shoots in London. The campaign began just after midnight Wednesday and runs until 11:59 p.m. PDT on July 18.
The cast of “Episode VII” was revealed in April, and Adam Driver is among the newbies. Disney will release the film in December 2015.
- Ivanka Trump Talks South Florida, Golf & Women Who Work
- Vince Vaughn & The Cast Of ‘Unfinished Business’ Deliver Funny And Free Stock Photos
- Erik Spoelstra and Girlfriend Nikki Sapp Sang Billie Jean at Battioke 2015 [Video]
- Carrie Underwood’s First Son Is Here: See His Name & First Photo
- Gabrielle Union Wade Lashes Out at NBA Over Lack of Harden Discipline, Hypocrisy