MIAMI (AP) — Marcell Ozuna hit a grand slam and drove in five runs to help power the Miami Marlins past the Philadelphia Phillies 14-5 on Wednesday.
Christian Yelich, Garrett Jones, and Jarrod Saltalamacchia each drove in two runs for the Marlins, who have the best home record (18-6) in baseball.
Nathan Eovaldi (3-2) allowed three runs_one earned_and 10 hits in six innings for Miami.
Ozuna’s first career grand slam and seventh home run of the season broke the game open in the seventh inning. Miami led 6-3 with two outs before Jeff Manship loaded the bases and Ozuna smacked a pitch over the left-field wall.
Phillies starter Kyle Kendrick (0-5) came into the game with a 10-game winning streak against the Marlins, but lost his 10th consecutive game overall.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Marlins Fire Longtime TV Analyst Tommy Hutton After 19 Seasons
- CBS Sports Radio’s Gregg Giannotti Puts ‘Marlins Man’ On Blast
- Conine on Fernandez Trade Buzz: ‘That’s the Business of Baseball’
- Vanbiesbrouck, Thomas, Conine Headline 2015 Florida Sports Hall Of Fame Inductees
- Report: Jose Fernandez is on Trade Block