MIAMI (CBSMiami) – It looks like ‘reading is fundamental’ in the Magic City.
According to Amazon.com’s list of best read cities, Miami came in second for sales of books, newspapers and magazines in cities with 100,000 people or more. Books and magazines on self-help, health and mind and body topics were big sellers here.
Alexandria, Virginia, where many government workers from nearby Washington reside, topped the list for the third straight year.
Knoxville, Tennessee, was third; followed by Amazon’s home city, Seattle; and Orlando came in fifth.
Rounding out the top 10 were mostly college towns: Ann Arbor, Michigan; Berkeley, California; Cambridge, Massachusetts; Cincinnati; and Columbia, South Carolina.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Hollywood Woman’s Key Decisions Help Her Survive Armed Carjacking
- Exclusive: Plantation PD Detective Fired For Texting Sexually Explicit Video To Woman
- Cameras Catch Armed Robber Nonchalantly Case Store Before Stealing Jewelry
- Hialeah Apartment Complex Severely Damaged By Lightning Strike
- Former Canadian Consul Declares: “I Was Not A Bad Mother.”