Miami In Top 5 Of Amazon’s “Best Read” Cities List
Taste Of The Town
MIAMI (CBSMiami) – It looks like ‘reading is fundamental’ in the Magic City.
According to Amazon.com’s list of best read cities, Miami came in second for sales of books, newspapers and magazines in cities with 100,000 people or more. Books and magazines on self-help, health and mind and body topics were big sellers here.
Alexandria, Virginia, where many government workers from nearby Washington reside, topped the list for the third straight year.
Knoxville, Tennessee, was third; followed by Amazon’s home city, Seattle; and Orlando came in fifth.
Rounding out the top 10 were mostly college towns: Ann Arbor, Michigan; Berkeley, California; Cambridge, Massachusetts; Cincinnati; and Columbia, South Carolina.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Steering You Right Through The Week’s Road Closures
- Dangerous High Risk ‘High’ Flooding South Florida Streets
- Texas, Kansas To Back Florida Lawsuit Against Obama Administration
- State Rebuffed In Children’s Medicaid Fight
- Exclusive: Surveillance Tape Shows Mom Accused Of Abandoning Baby After Taking Flakka